Monday, August 13, 2007

The Power of Leveraging and Partnering

I was at a spa event yesterday, and saw the true power of partnering. The spa package I received included manicure, facial, massage, hair, and make-up during a course of 4 hours. I was also fed and wined in-between sessions while being comfortably wrapped in a nice robe. Not bad for a lazy Sunday.

Now, typically, when I think about getting a full service spa treatment, my natural instinct would be to look for a spa with the full fledged services and facilities. But this event was different. It was organized and staffed by a group of independent service providers. Watching them moving clients from one station to another, all well-coordinated with an easy flow (although I'm sure there were a ton of preparation work done behind the scene), it's amazing how by working together with complimentary business partners, a small business owner can effectively market their services without a big fat budget.

I build my own business by referrals and am a strong believer in partnering with others. Focusing on how to provide extra value to customers is the cornerstone of my business practice, and it was very satisfying to see others who are also succeeding in doing so.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Tech Blog