Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It Takes a Village!

I spent most of my day today at our in-house bank, observing their operations. It was quite an experience. As a mortgage planner, I spend all of my time trying to understand my clients, their needs and concerns. But, rarely we think about that's only half of the equation in terms of completing a mortgage transaction. The other half is the back end support that we receive from the lending institutions. I'm proud to say that our company has built a solid infrastructure to enable us to deliver the top services.

My processor and I were blown away with the amount of detail work that's involved at every stage of a loan transaction. The staff at our deal desk literally goes through pages and pages of guidelines to help structure loan scenarios. I'm talking about guidelines for 10+ different lenders. These people have acquired an amazing amount of knowledge. We spent quite a bit of time with one of our doc drawers watching her drawing a set of loan docs for a client. Again, there are so many little but important details that she has to catch to ensure that the loan docs are drawn accurately. Watching how others work certainly makes you more appreciative and humble.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Tech Blog